TeachersPayTeachers

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th - Reading, English Language Arts, Social Studies - History - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Set Up in July

I always try to set up my classroom in July.  As soon as the custodians are finished and the floors can be walked on I go into school.  Going in early is a quiet, reflective time for me.

It allows me to see what I need to do to really get ready for the year, step back and regroup before the big rush.

Here is what I do when I first go into my classroom in July.
1.   Unbox everything.
2.   Take the paper down that is covering the shelves and bulletin boards.
3.   Check what bulletin boards I finished before we left in June and what needs to be done.
4.   Connect everything electric (computers, projectors, etc). Test run everything and then unplug it all        from the wall (in case there are any summer thunder/lightning storms.)
5.   Set my teacher desk up.

Notice there is nothing here about papers or kids. This is simply a set up the room day.

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment